Friday, November 25, 2011

Best way to cut babies nails?

My son is now 10 weeks old and i use to just file his nails down while he was asleep but now he wakes each time i try and i find filing them just is making them sharper. I am at the point that he has hand socks on at night to prevent him from scratching his face. What worked best for you and your baby? Any tips are appreciated.Best way to cut babies nails?
I use the baby clippers with the nice rubber handles. Not handles, but you know they have the nice rubbers around the entire thing for better grip. I love them, they're tiny and shaped like their nails so you cant miss!


I do it while he's awake. He's gotten used to it. I talk to him the entire time and he looks at my face for the most part, making it easy for me.


Also when he was around that age, my husband or someone else used to hold him while I cut them. Hes 4 months now


After im done clipping his nail I run a nail file really quick to make sure they're not sharp. I used to file them instead of cutting them but they grow to much faster that wayBest way to cut babies nails?
I love(d) using the manicure scissors (regular adult style....the ones w/ the curved blades) for my children's nails. A nurse at the hospital gave me the idea, and it's worked great for all three of my kids. They are thin enough to get ';under'; the nail, they are quick, and they don't bend the nail like I found happened with the baby nail clippers. They are also way more accurate, and don't leave sharp edges like the clippers can. Good luck!
For baby #1, I used to clip while nursing. For baby #2 (too big for me to maneouver like that) I put in her bouncy seat and sang to her while clipping. Now she is 10 months, I play trancey music (like Enya or chanting) on my computer and turn on the visualizations, she just stares and I can clip without fighting.





I don't generally let my babies watch video or tv, but I can live with 5 minutes once a week.
i use baby nail clippers. People make it seem like you will always cut their fingers so i was scared to do it but it just got so hard with the nail files and stuff so i got them. And if you just wait til they are relaxed or asleep on you it is pretty easy you just have to be patient cause they can squirm away and just be careful it is not that bad
i use baby nail cutters. it is hard to do and i have accidentally cut her once. we wait until she falls asleep at night cause that is when she sleeps the deepest. either my partner or i will hold her hand and her still and the other person will cut them. i was told that you can also just bite them off while feeding or just pick them off. i didn't like the unevenness of doing it that way.
Most people will say file bite or clip them when they're asleep but i jus use baby clippers when my son is awake... And hold his hand kinda tight not too tight... he's gotten used to it now and i have no problems clipping them with regular baby clippers :) while he's awake.


he used to cry a little but not anymore.
I would bite them on my babies at that age. Their nails are still soft, and I felt like it was safer than sharp clippers (they're so wiggly at that age).





Sounds weird, but it worked. I was able to use baby clippers on them starting around 6 months old.
Do it fast! For a while, I had good luck riding in the back seat of the car with her when she'd nod off. I kept the clippers there in the car. Now, at 6 months, I just have to go for it!
i used clippers the other day and accidentally hurt her. im not doing it anymore. my mom says bite them, but thats insanely disgusting.
I use the little scissors that come in the first aid kit. There not sharp at all.
Do it while he's on the boob. And do it fast. It's hard to not nick them once in a while though :(
bite them
i would get the kidz slip grip clippers from walmart that was a good ?
I started clipping my daughters nails around your sons age, I use the American Red Cross Deluxe Nail Clipper which I got from toys r us go to this site to see pic http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2792


I think they are great! My daughter will be one soon and I clip her nails just about every other day, I find it easier to do just after she feel asleep nursing she is usually out of it, if she does wake up I just nurse her again and she falls right back to sleep. Also if you try doing it right after a bath the nails are softer. I can not trim her nails unless she is asleep or she just tries to grab the clippers. Try to use those clippers it makes it alot easier. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment